I am thank full to CIO Online, IDC Middle East , the judges as well as my family for their unconditional support, my team for making this happen…
The CIO50 Middle East awards criteria
The 2021 CIO50 Middle East awards were judged on three core pillars: innovation, leadership, and resiliency.
- Under the innovation pillar, nominees were asked to describe the technology innovations introduced over the past two years that have changed how the business operates.
- Under the leadership pillar, nominees outlined the ways in which they collaborated and influenced the organisation and its leadership team.
- Under the resiliency pillar, CIOs were recognised for ensuring continuity of operations and systems during the early phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, before kick-starting efforts to reposition for growth during such a challenging and unpredictable period.
Open to the top technology leader in an organisation—the person with the overall responsibility and control of the IT vision and direction of a company—the CIO50 Middle East awards acknowledged CIOs who operate at the forefront of decision-making to drive strategic change through technology.
Specifically, the CIO50 Middle East awards sought to determine:
- Technology innovations that changed how an organisation operates.
- Why innovations were unique in the marketplace.
- How executives collaborated and influenced their organisations and leadership teams.
- The role technology played in helping organisations achieve their objectives.
All entries were reviewed by a select and independent CIO50 Middle East judging panel formed by: James Henderson, editorial director at CIO ASEAN; Shumon Zaman, CIO at Ali & Sons; Nasser Alawad, ex-CIO at Sidra Medicine; Marc Ferranti, CIO regional executive editor and editor in chief, IDG News Service; Nagia El-Mary, country manager at IDC Egypt; Barbara Simon, managing director at IDG New Zealand; and Yogesh Gupta, editorial director at CIO India. The judges rated each section of the questionnaire to determine the final list. The most powerful nominations provided real-world examples of how technology and digital-transformation leaders are successfully providing value to organisations, driving innovation and leading teams.
IDG congratulates all 2021 CIO50 Middle East nominees and finalists!