Who is Erdal Ozkaya ?
Dr Erdal Ozkaya is known as a passionate, solutions-focused professional with a comprehensive global background within the information technology, information security, and cyber security fields. He is committed to the delivery of accurate, accessible resources to inform individuals and organizations of cybersecurity and privacy matters in the internet age.
Dr Erdal is a collaborative team leader with the key areas of his expertise spanning end-to-end IT solutions, management, communications, and innovation.
In addition, he is a well-known public speaker, an award-winning technical expert, a book author, and writer of certifications (courseware and exams) for prestigious organizations such as Microsoft, EC Council, and other expert-level vendors. Some of his recent awards are:
He is an award-winning technical expert & speaker: His recent awards are:
- Best CISO for Banking and Financial Sector (2021)
- CIO Online & IDC: Top 50 Technology Leaders (2021)
- EC Council CEH Hall of Fame (2021)
- Tycoon Success Magazine, Most Powerful 10 Middle East Businessman (2021)
- CISO Top 50 Award by Security ME Adviser Magazine & Tahawultech.com (2020)
- “Super Hero CISO”, by Enterprise IT Magazine
- Khaleej Times “CISO Power List”
- Legend Cybersecurity Pro by GEC Media (2019)
- Hall of Fame, CISO Magazine(2019)
- Cybersecurity Influencer of the year (2019) , CISO Magazine
- Cyber Security Professional of the year MEA (2019)
- Microsoft Circle of Excellence Platinum Club (2017),
- NATO Center of Excellence (2016)
- Security Professional of the year by MEA Channel Magazine (2015), Professional of the year Sydney (2014)
- and many speakers of the year awards at conferences.
- He also holds Global Instructor of the year awards from EC Council & Microsoft as well as Logical Operations.
Erdal is also a part-time lecturer at Australian Charles Sturt University
Erdal’s Social Media Accounts:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Erdal_Ozkaya
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/erdalozkaya/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DrErdalOzkaya
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/drerdalozkaya/
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0796D9KQ4
- Blog: You are right here
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/ErdalOZKAYA
He has built and managed CEO IT from scratch into a multi-million dollars National Training & IT Solutions center. With the skills he has gained, he has introduced & repeated the success with KEMP Technologies, where he was tasked to single-handedly manage the ANZ region and then build the business in the Asia Pacific region.
From there he joined Secunia as CISO in Dubai and extended his experience in the Middle East & Africa. At the beginning of 2016 he joined Microsoft as a Cybersecurity Architect / Trusted Security advisor where he is responsible in the EMEA region. After working two years as Managing Director and CISO at Erdal Standard Chartered Bank , Erdal returned back to Sydney (home – Australia) and joined Comodo Cybersecurity as Group CISO and Chief Cybersecurity Strategist.
Erdal is known to be passionate about reaching communities, creating cyber aware campaigns, and leveraging new and innovative approaches and technologies to holistically address the information security and privacy needs for every person and organization in the world. He has authored many cybersecurity books as well as security certification courseware and exams for different vendors.
Erdal has the following qualifications: Doctor of Philosophy in Cybersecurity. Master of Computing Research, Master of Information Systems Security, Bachelor of Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Certified Learning Consultant, ISO27001 Auditor & Implementer, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Ethical Instructor & Licensed Penetration Tester.
Dr Erdal Ozkaya’s Books
- Cybersecurity Leadership Demystified (Book)
- Cybersecurity: Attack and Defense Strategies
- Practical Cyber Threat Intelligence (Book)
- Incident Response in the Age of Cloud (Book)
- Cybersecurity: Attack and Defense Strategies v2 (Book)
- Hands on Cybersecurity for Finance (Book)
- Cybersecurity The Beginners Guide
- Cybercrime in Action• Learn Social Engineering (Book)
- Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (Book)
- Siber Güvenlik: Saldırı ve Savunma Stratejileri (Book in Turkish)
- The Use of Social Media for Terrorism (Research Journal)
- Fight Against Cyber-Crime, experience from the field (Research Journal)
- Social Media Privacy Issues (Research Journal)
- Applications and Techniques used in Cybersecurity (Research Journal)
- Cybersecurity Issues (Research Journal)
- Social Media Privacy Issues- Fake news (Research Journal)
- Cybersecurity and Social Engineering (Research Journal)
- Malware the past, present and Future (Research Journal)
- 2017 Higher Degree Research Symposium “Book of Short Papers”
- Learn dark Web – Fundamentals of Dark Web (Book) –
- The Art of Human Hacking
- Getting Started in Cybersecurity
- Who is Dr Erdal Ozkaya ?