Free EDR Certification Training
Endpoint detection and response or EDR solution is an endpoint security solution that monitors end-user devices to detect and respond to cyber threats, it also records and stores endpoint-system-level behaviors (logs), uses various data analytics techniques to block malicious activities and provides remediation suggestions to restore affected systems to a clean state.
EDR is essential in securing end points, but unfortunately, it’s not cheap. So, what if I tell you that EDR is now free via OpenEDR via Open-Source community.
And I am proud to announce that I have teamed up with Valentine Sirghie to create a Free Open EDR training, and certification which will award you with a Certificate.
What will you learn?
OpenEDR Fundamentals training course has 5 modules and a final exam, and the Duration is 1 hour 29 minutes
Module 0 – Welcome to OpenEDR Fundamentals Training
Module 1 – Cyber Landscape
Module 2 – EDR Fundamentals
Module 3 – Introduction to OpenEDR
Module 4 – Account Creation and Agent
We’ve worked together with the OpenEDR community to bring you a world-class learning experience. At the end of the course, please complete an evaluation of today’s experience. We value your feedback! Please contact us with any additional requests for additional training or exam keys.After completing the course, you will be able to answer the below questions:
What is the current Cybersecurity landscape? What is EDR vs antivirus? The difference between Open Source EDR and Full EDR and much more…
How to complete certificate curriculum?
To acquire the OpenEDR certificate, please complete the following steps:
- Log into Xcitium Academy and access the OpenEDR Fundamentals Training curriculum
- If you do not have an Xcitium Academy account, click on create new account and enter your information
- Complete each of the five (5) courses in the OpenEDR Fundamentals Training curriculum and successfully complete each exam in the individual courses
- Once all course exams have been completed, successfully complete the OpenEDR certificate exam at the end of the curriculum
- To access your new certificate, go to Training & My Achievements in the academy and click on the OpenEDR Fundamentals Training completion. This will open up a PDF copy of your certificate for printing.
OpenEDR is an Open-Source initiative started by Xcitium
We at Xcitium believe in creating an open-source cybersecurity platform where products and services can be provisioned and managed together. EDR is our starting point. Open EDR is a full blown EDR capability. It is one of the most sophisticated, effective EDR code base in the world and with the community’s help it will become even better. The Open EDR consists of the following components:
- Core Library: the basic framework.
- Service: service application.
- Process Monitoring: components for per-process monitoring.
- System Monitor: the genetic container for different kernel-mode components.
- File-System Mini-Filter: the kernel component that hooks I/O requests file system.
- Network Monitor: monitors processes creation/deletion using system callbacks
- Low-Level Registry Monitoring Component: monitors registry access using system callbacks
- Self-Protection Provider: prevents EDR components and configuration from unauthorized changes
- Low-Level Process Monitoring Component: network filter for monitoring the network activity
Join the Open EDR Community
Enroll to the online forums via visiting https://www.openedr.com/
Have questions about our Open EDR open-source code? Join our open community! The community allows members to ask and respond to questions, interact with other users, and review topics related to Open EDR.
OPENEDR AND XCITIUM
In addition to maintaining the OpenEDR project, Xcitium helps customers avoid breaches with groundbreaking isolation technology that fully neutralizes ransomware, zero-day malware, and cyberattacks that other security providers can’t do. Our isolation and containment technology complements our highly rated advanced endpoint protection and endpoint management to offer a single cloud accessible Active Breach Protection solution. Xcitium’s Managed and Extended Detection and Response services are available to serve as your security partner and guide.
- Get Real-Time EDR Forensics
- Learn from every attack encounter.
- Mature your environment.
- Benefit your organization by getting the full picture.
- Continuously improve your security posture by staying 2 steps ahead of your attackers!
- Reap The Value Of EDR In A ZeroDwell Time World
ZeroDwell technology disrupts the industry focus on detection-first approaches to cybersecurity. Detection as the first line of defense is clearly not working: breaches keep coming at all of us, and the threat landscape becomes more and more malicious.
Nonetheless, EDR visibility, detection and remediation are always needed to harden environments, patch vulnerabilities, deepen threat hunting capacities, and sync with human-led global intelligence and re-engineered attacker threat paths to stay ahead of threats and continue to innovate.
With ZeroDwell, Xcitium pre-empts detection and response maneuvers with instant virtualization of Unknowns as they enter your endpoints. Detection is not protection, but ZeroDwell Containment changes all that with its proven, powerful zero trust virtualization. Once protected with patented attack isolation, effective EDR begins with enhanced awareness, visibility and remediation of environment vulnerabilities.
With your security team no longer burdened by excessive alert fatigue, you can be empowered by Xcitium’s superhuman x-ray vision and management of the whole enterprise. Xcitium EDR visibility and forensics start with ZeroDwell Containment virtualization.
Attack Vector Threat Visualizations
Attack vector data combined with file trajectory and process hierarchy data points and displayed on your dashboard to streamline patching and vulnerability repairs. Process-based events are shown in a tree-view structure to help your analysts better understand process behavior. Device trajectory details are also provided with separate displays to drill down into devices for insight when investigating attack vectors.
Patch Your Vulnerabilities
Keep your endpoints up to date
Patching protects against zero-day web threats without hindering employee productivity. Analyze 100% of unknown fileless threats with Xcitium’s intelligent file analysis engine. Apply our recommended security policies, created via meticulous examination of threat behavior analytics
Stay Ahead Of Cyber Threats
Includes Full Detection Forecast Analysis
Xcitium Advanced (EDR) tailors group policy to your customized requirements, including endpoint-specific policies for enhanced security. No hardware is needed! Automatically updates signatures and checks processes executed in your environment with continuous monitoring. Dramatically streamlines follow-up efforts for your IT departments and forensic teams.
For more tutorials like this one, click here
How to Deploy and Use EDR Security?
Deploy and use Open EDR® Security by opening a FREE Xcitium Enterprise Platform account! Register now and improve your protection within minutes!
Endpoint detection response security is a must for any business that wants to protect its data and networks. It can help identify and stop attacks before they do damage, and they can also provide valuable information about what happened during and after an attack.
How Does the Endpoint Detection and Response Work?
Endpoint detection response is a security solution that helps protect networked computers from malware. It monitors network traffic and identifies suspicious activity. They can also block malicious traffic and quarantine infected computers.
An endpoint detection response solution is often used in conjunction with other security tools, such as firewalls and antivirus software. OpenEDR® can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. A Cloud-based EDR solution can be more effective than an on-premises solution, as it can provide real-time visibility into all network activity.
Endpoint detection tools are becoming increasingly popular as organizations look for ways to improve their cybersecurity posture.
What is EDR?
EDR is an advanced cybersecurity technology that provides continuous monitoring of endpoints in a network to detect malicious activities and respond quickly with appropriate countermeasures.
How Do the EDR Solutions Differ From Each Other?
Endpoint detection response EDR, is a type of security solution that helps organizations detect, investigate, and respond to incidents at the endpoint level. Endpoint detection solutions provide visibility into activity, enable organizations to quickly identify and investigate potential threats, and help contain and remediate incidents.
There are many different Endpoint detection solutions on the market. To choose the right endpoint detection response software for your organization, you need to understand your needs and requirements and then compare the different solutions against each other.
Our OpenEDR® does not require comparison with any EDR solution provider as almost all major features are covered in this EDR tool for free.
Why Open EDR®?
- Visibility and coverage: Open EDR® solutions provide visibility into all activity and can cover both physical and virtualized environments.
- Detection: It provides an effective solution on detecting potential threats.
- Response: It reacts quickly and helps you contain and remediate incidents.
- Management and reporting: It is easy to manage and provide comprehensive reports that can help you improve your security posture.
How does endpoint detection and response work?
EDR solutions are typically deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and it uses a variety of techniques to detect malicious activity, including behavioral analysis, machine learning, and heuristics.
When Endpoint detection response EDR software detect suspicious activity, they generate an alert that can be investigated by security analysts. The investigation process often includes reviewing log data from the endpoint device, as well as data from other sources such as network traffic data and user activity data. Once analysts have determined that malicious activity has occurred, they can use the EDR solutions to take appropriate actions to contain the threat and prevent it from spreading.
Benefits of endpoint detection response
Endpoint detection response EDR is a cybersecurity solution that enables organizations to detect, investigate, and respond to threats. It is typically deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and they use a variety of techniques to collect data from endpoint devices, including logging, network traffic analysis, and process monitoring.
EDR security can provide valuable insights into malicious activity on endpoint devices, including information about how attacks are carried out and what data is being targeted. In addition, our EDR security can help organizations to automatically block or quarantine malicious files and processes, as well as roll back any changes that have been made to the system.
There are many benefits of using Open EDR® solutions, including:
- Improved Detection: It can help organizations to detect malicious activity that would otherwise go unnoticed. By collecting data from multiple sources and applying advanced analytics, Endpoint detection response software can provide visibility into suspicious activity and help security teams to immediately identify potential threats.
- Faster Investigation and Response: With all the data collected by an EDR solution in one place, security teams can quickly investigate incidents and take appropriate action to mitigate the threat. In addition, EDR solutions often include features such as automatic file quarantine that can help to contain an incident while it is being investigated.
- Damage from Attacks: By identifying attacks early and taking immediate action to block or contain them, EDR solutions can help organizations to reduce the damage caused by malicious actors. This can help organizations to minimize the impact of an attack and reduce the amount of time needed for recovery.
- Improved Compliance: It can also help organizations to meet compliance requirements, as many regulations require organizations to have effective security measures in place to protect data and systems. By deploying an EDR solution, organizations can demonstrate that they are taking appropriate steps to protect their systems from malicious activity.
openedr reddit – What is an EDR and what does IT do? openedr github openedr install comodo edr Xcitium edr What is difference between SIEM and EDR? Free EDR Free EDR Training learn edr What does EDR cost? Do I need AV If I have EDR? threat hunting course free – Is open EDR free?