Head of Information and Cybersecurity for Pakistan
I am hiring the Head of Information & Cybersecurity for Pakistan, who will be part of my leadership team. Come and join us at Standard Chartered Bank.
Our mission is providing “Best practice cyber security solutions, protection of data and privacy, improve resilience, reduce risks”
If this makes you excited then here is the link :
The Role Responsibilities
- The Country Information Security Officer (CISO), Pakistan is a permanent role that requires strong business acumen and deep knowledge and experience in the ICS (Information and Cyber Security) field.
- This role will require hands on approach to understand and support Pakistan on the ICS Risk Type Framework to maximize risk reduction and capability improvement, while meeting compliance and legal obligations, and minimising client impact. The role will require to have end-to-end view on all ICS activities with support to regular risk assessment, tracking, follow up and reporting at the relevant forums. The role reports directly to the Regional Chief Information Security Officer.
- The Pakistan CISO will provide exceptional leadership, maintain highly constructive relationships with key stakeholders, and possess strong security risk framework knowledge to mobilize effort and commitment.
- The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that the management of ICS risk is operating effectively and efficiently and to provide assurance that ICS risk is appropriately managed within the country in accordance to regional and global bank standards.
- Pakistan CISO will execute a robust and efficient plan to rollout ICS RTF by working with key stakeholders including COOs/CIOs direct teams, ICS RTF Implementation Programme teams, Office of the CISO and Security technology teams. The plan will incorporate digital footprint discovery, risk assessment, definition and implementation of controls as guided by the ICS RTF and tailored to the relevant areas.
- Supporting the Regional CISO in the implementation of the ICS Risk framework including working with stakeholders to identify, assess and rate the information assets, build out the risk profile per the framework, initiate risk assessments and put together treatment plans.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data sources to validate Key Control Domains (KCD) and associated controls, accelerate risk assessment process, validate business risk profile and develop action plans to remediate to bring ICS risk back into appetite.
- Follow up on identified thematic cyber issues, develop processes to address issues from re-occurrence and ensure cyber hygiene across the whole portfolio.
- Provide regular status updates including progress, top risks and issues to the respective country and regional forums for the relevant domains. Track regulatory status, key milestones, risks, dependencies and issues.
- Interface with the Business and Country ICS Leads to assist with sharing of risk profiles, advising on cyber risk issues and addressing areas of concern.
- Interface with Technology forums to ensure security technologies are operating with input from countries and be actively involved in the roadmap of these technologies by providing regional/country input.
- Development of risk treatment plans for the assigned areas in conjunction with the business and technology teams. Interface with other areas to ensure dependencies are known and prioritised. Negotiate timelines to ensure proper remediation by maintaining support and organizational alignment.
- Adapt to emerging and horizon risks and address issues to maximize outcomes. Urgent and timely action for risks and issues which adversely impact cyber risk profiles.
- Re-planning and prioritising as required to maximise risk reduction.
- Coordinate and plan for cyber crisis management exercises, build response and recovery capabilities, workarounds, ensure up to date playbooks etc.
- Assist with other cyber activities underway
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values
- Set appropriate tone and expectations from team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans
- Manage team of country ISOs that is aligned and scaled to the ICS risk control needs of Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the second line ICS Risk function
- Deliver the defined aspects of the Country ISO, Pakistan role to support the Group ICS risk management approach and objectives
- Ensure that the Country ISO, Pakistan role is managed in accordance with the defined CISO Governance Risk Type Framework and associated Policy and Standards; and that issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as appropriate
Establish strong ties into the relevant regional and country leadership, governance, risk and control committees to ensure adequate monitoring, tracking and governance of ICS risk. Drive integration of ICS Risk Type Framework into all businesses and functions in the country and utilise for the ongoing governance of region and country risk
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Groups Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, this includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively CIO-Country Head Tech & Ops.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.