Recommended by Hacker News
The Hacker News has just recommended, our book “Cybersecurity Attack and Defense Strategies” which we wrote with Yuri . Listen to them and get our book 🙂
Amazon : Get it here
Packt : Get it here
Feedback from packt web site
Amazing serAmazing service. Thanks for great dealing with me vice
Great security resource!!
All you need for a great and easy overview for any ongoing security analyst….
About Hacker news
With nearly every organization in today’s world connected to the Internet in one way or another these days, steps need to be taken to ensure that their networks remain safe and secure, and that’s exactly what we’re doing.
The Hacker News (THN) is a leading, trusted, and widely recognized cybersecurity news platform that attracts over 8 million readers monthly, including IT professionals, researchers, hackers, technologists, and enthusiasts.
At Hacker News, you’ll find the latest cybersecurity news and in-depth reports on current and future Infosec trends and how they are shaping the cyber world.
In 2010, we founded THN as a dedicated cybersecurity and hacking news platform to educate people on how to use the Internet in the safest way possible.
In the ensuing years, the site has become one of the most prominent channels for information security, working as a bridge between a wide range of communities, including leading security researchers, geeks, techies, businesses, CISOs, and thousands of security professionals.
We are continuously working to improve the platform and appreciate your valuable thoughts and feedback to make it even more resourceful.
Our activities and events
The Hacker News also organizes in-person meetups, conferences, and events that attract the best IT professionals and hackers worldwide.
The Hackers Conference (THC) is one such gathering of enthusiastic minds in cybersecurity, organized every year in Delhi – the heart of India.
The Hackers Conference is a unique event where the best minds in the hacking, IT industry, and cyber community meet face-to-face to solve the latest problems in cybersecurity.
Contact by email
Please write to us at [email protected] for any feedback or queries. We look forward to hearing from you. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates in your timeline.
Updated and revised edition of the bestselling guide to developing defense strategies against the latest threats to cybersecurity
- Covers the latest security threats and defense strategies for 2020
- Introduces techniques and skillsets required to conduct threat hunting and deal with a system breach
- Provides new information on Cloud Security Posture Management, Microsoft Azure Threat Protection, Zero Trust Network strategies, Nation State attacks, the use of Azure Sentinel as a cloud-based SIEM for logging and investigation, and much more
Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies, Second Edition is a completely revised new edition of the bestselling book, covering the very latest security threats and defense mechanisms including a detailed overview of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and an assessment of the current threat landscape, with additional focus on new IoT threats and cryptomining.
Cybersecurity starts with the basics that organizations need to know to maintain a secure posture against outside threat and design a robust cybersecurity program. It takes you into the mindset of a Threat Actor to help you better understand the motivation and the steps of performing an actual attack – the Cybersecurity kill chain. You will gain hands-on experience in implementing cybersecurity using new techniques in reconnaissance and chasing a user’s identity that will enable you to discover how a system is compromised, and identify and then exploit the vulnerabilities in your own system.
This book also focuses on defense strategies to enhance the security of a system. You will also discover in-depth tools, including Azure Sentinel, to ensure there are security controls in each network layer, and how to carry out the recovery process of a compromised system.
What you will learn
- The importance of having a solid foundation for your security posture
- Use cyber security kill chain to understand the attack strategy
- Boost your organization’s cyber resilience by improving your security policies, hardening your network, implementing active sensors, and leveraging threat intelligence
- Utilize the latest defense tools, including Azure Sentinel and Zero Trust Network strategy
- Identify different types of cyberattacks, such as SQL injection, malware and social engineering threats such as phishing emails
- Perform an incident investigation using Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel
- Get an in-depth understanding of the disaster recovery process
- Understand how to consistently monitor security and implement a vulnerability management strategy for on-premises and hybrid cloud
- Learn how to perform log analysis using the cloud to identify suspicious activities, including logs from Amazon Web Services and Azure
Who this book is for
For the IT professional venturing into the IT security domain, IT pentesters, security consultants, or those looking to perform ethical hacking. Prior knowledge of penetration testing is beneficial.
Table of Contents
- Security Posture
- Incident Response Process
- What is a Cyber Strategy?
- Understanding the Cybersecurity Kill Chain
- Compromising the System
- Chasing a User’s Identity
- Lateral Movement
- Privilege Escalation
- Security Policy
- Network Segmentation
- Active Sensors
- Threat Intelligence
- Investigating an Incident
- Recovery Process
- Vulnerability Management
- Log Analysis