Cybersecurity Attack and Defense Strategies v3
We are very pleased to announce that the 3rd edition of our award-winning Cybersecurity book from Packt is already available for pre-order at Amazon. My dear friend Yuri Diogenes and I worked together on this project again to fully update the book and we are very happy with the result.
You can now Pre-order our book via Amazon
About 3rd Edition of our Book
- Provides new information on ransomware, multi-cloud, Microsoft Defender for Cloud/SIEM, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, the Zero Trust approach, and more
- Uses recent real-world examples to illustrate the best practices to improve security posture
- Empowers you to recover from and prevent future cybersecurity events
Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies, Third Edition familiarizes you with the key aspects of threat assessment and security hygiene, the current threat landscape and its challenges, and how to maintain a strong security posture.
In the completely revised new edition of this bestselling book, you will learn about the Zero Trust approach and the initial Incident Response process. You will gradually become familiar with Red Team tactics, where you will learn basic syntax for commonly used tools to perform the necessary operations. You will also learn how to apply newer Red Team techniques with powerful tools. Simultaneously, Blue Team tactics are introduced to help you defend your system from complex cyber attacks. This book provides a clear, in-depth understanding of attack/defense methods as well as patterns to recognize irregular behavior within your organization. Moreover, you will learn how to analyze your network and address malware, while becoming familiar with mitigation and threat detection techniques.
By the end of this cybersecurity book, you will have discovered the latest tools to enhance the security of your system, learned about the security controls you need in each network layer, and understood how to carry out each step of the incident response process.
What you will learn
- Understand security hygiene and value of prioritizing protection of your workloads
- Learn about physical and virtual network segmentation, cloud network visibility, and Zero Trust considerations
- Adopt unique techniques to gather cyber intelligence, identify risk, and demonstrate impact with Red/Blue Team strategies
- Discover identity security and learn how to perform policy enforcement
- Learn about threat detection systems in Microsoft Defender for Cloud and integrate it with SIEM
- Discover the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and use of open-source tools to gather intelligence
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT security professional who wants to venture deeper into cybersecurity domains, this book is for you. Cloud security administrators, IT pentesters, security consultants, and ethical hackers will also find this book helpful. Basic understanding of operating systems, computer networking, and web applications will be helpful.
CCybersecurity Attack and Defense Strategies 3rd Edition Table of Contents
- Security Posture
- Incident Response Process
- What is a Cyber Strategy?
- Understanding the Cybersecurity Kill Chain in the age of Cyber Attacks
- Compromising the System
- Chasing a User’s Identity
- Lateral Movement
- Privilege Escalation
- Security Policy
- Network Segmentation
- Active Sensors
- Threat Intelligence
- Investigating an Incident
- Recovery Process
- Vulnerability Management
- Log Analysis
Award winning Cybersecurity Book
Some history about this book is based on different sites that shared their feedback about the book:
Top 7 must-have cybersecurity books
Top 6 Cybersecurity Books from Packt to Accelerate Your Career
17 Best Cybersecurity Books: Ethical Hacking, Malware, and More (2021 List)
100 Best Network Security Books of All Time
Best Cybersecurity Books from read it twice –2021
Cybersecurity Attack and Defense Strategies 3rd Edition