Cybersecurity Book Review by Help Net Security
Cybersecurity Attack and Defense Strategies
Published in : https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2020/04/22/review-cybersecurity-attack-and-defense-strategies/
Yuri Diogenes, a professor at EC-Council University and Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, and Dr. Erdal Ozkaya, a prominent cybersecurity professional, advisor, author, speaker and lecturer, published the second edition of their acclaimed book “Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies”.
Cybersecurity Attack and Defense Strategies
The book emphasizes, first and foremost, the necessity of every enterprise being aware of its threat landscape and its weakest points, and thus implement the right methods to boost its security posture.
This book will teach you how to identify unusual behaviors within your organization and use incident response methods by applying blue team and read team strategies.
You will also learn about the importance of a good cybersecurity strategy and how to develop it.
The authors explain common hacker tactics, techniques and procedures and the processes of a cyber attack, with a detailed description of tools commonly used during a cyberattack.
The book contains a lot of practical examples that can be applied/tested in a virtual lab. You’ll learn how to avoid wireless attacks and credential theft, how to protect a network, how to avoid phishing incidents, how to protect operating systems, how to avoid mobile phone attacks, details about the most common cloud hacking tools, and so on.
The authors highlight the importance of a well constructed security policy, which should include clearly defined procedures, standards, guidelines and best practices. Of course, these rules are only effective if you educate your staff, but should minimize the likelihood of your organization falling victim to compromise.
To boost performance and improve security, they point out the correct planning and implementation of network segmentation, but also that of a variety of active sensors that monitor unusual activities and threats.
The final chapters cover the procedures of an incident investigation and a recovery process, which give you insights on how to maintain business continuity and implement disaster recovery best practices.
Who is it for?
This is clearly a book aimed at IT professionals who are familiar with penetration testing, Windows and Linux operating systems, and are acquainted with the concept of information security. The content is evidently technical, but the language is clear and comprehensible.
It’s an excellent read for those who want the have all the essential information about how to protect their organization, all in one place. Besides getting detailed practical examples, the book offers various links to web sites to further broaden your knowledge.
You can order our book from:
Amazon : Order From Amazon
Packt Publishing : Order From Packt Publishing
Amazon Australia : Order From Amazon Australia
Book Topia : Order from booktopia
Apple Books : Order from Apple Books
Book Depository: Order From Book depository
More info about our book :
- Covers the latest security threats and defense strategies for 2020
- Introduces techniques and skillsets required to conduct threat hunting and deal with a system breach
- Provides new information on Cloud Security Posture Management, Microsoft Azure Threat Protection, Zero Trust Network strategies, Nation State attacks, the use of Azure Sentinel as a cloud-based SIEM for logging and investigation, and much more
Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies, Second Edition is a completely revised new edition of the bestselling book, covering the very latest security threats and defense mechanisms including a detailed overview of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and an assessment of the current threat landscape, with additional focus on new IoT threats and cryptomining.
Cybersecurity starts with the basics that organizations need to know to maintain a secure posture against outside threat and design a robust cybersecurity program. It takes you into the mindset of a Threat Actor to help you better understand the motivation and the steps of performing an actual attack – the Cybersecurity kill chain. You will gain hands-on experience in implementing cybersecurity using new techniques in reconnaissance and chasing a user’s identity that will enable you to discover how a system is compromised, and identify and then exploit the vulnerabilities in your own system.
This book also focuses on defense strategies to enhance the security of a system. You will also discover in-depth tools, including Azure Sentinel, to ensure there are security controls in each network layer, and how to carry out the recovery process of a compromised system.
What you will learn
- The importance of having a solid foundation for your security posture
- Use cyber security kill chain to understand the attack strategy
- Boost your organization’s cyber resilience by improving your security policies, hardening your network, implementing active sensors, and leveraging threat intelligence
- Utilize the latest defense tools, including Azure Sentinel and Zero Trust Network strategy
- Identify different types of cyberattacks, such as SQL injection, malware and social engineering threats such as phishing emails
- Perform an incident investigation using Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel
- Get an in-depth understanding of the disaster recovery process
- Understand how to consistently monitor security and implement a vulnerability management strategy for on-premises and hybrid cloud
- Learn how to perform log analysis using the cloud to identify suspicious activities, including logs from Amazon Web Services and Azure
Review by Government Technology :
Review by HelpNet Security :
Some of the Award of the Book:
Read This Twice:
Who This Book Is For
For the IT professional venturing into the IT security domain, IT pentesters, security consultants, or those looking to perform ethical hacking. Prior knowledge of penetration testing is beneficial.
To see my other books:
cybersecurity-Book Review Help Net Security
Leave a Reply