5 Best New Malware Books
Originally Published at Security Online
It is safe to say that learning about malware is best mastered in practice when you find the solutions. Still, reading good malware books helps to analyze things and implement strategic thinking. It is necessary to start thinking like an attacker while becoming an ethical hacker to prevent and address present and even future network vulnerabilities.
Here are some great malware books to help you polish your cybersecurity skills:
- The Pentester BluePrint: Starting a Career as an Ethical Hacker by Philip L. Wylie This book represents a great guide that will explain the basics and gradually lead you towards more advanced cybersecurity concepts. It works as a scenario collection that will help you see how a penetrator thinks. As you find vulnerabilities along with the author, you will learn to think differently and analyze.It is a perfect case when complex things are explained in an accessible and fun way. This book will fit well for both cybersecurity pros to boost their confidence and will help novice security engineers think differently. It is also a good read for college students or those who use public access computers.
- Don’t Panic! I’m a Professional Malware Analyst by Websafe Publishing.It is a perfect case when complex things are explained in an accessible and fun way. This book will fit well for both cybersecurity pros to boost their confidence and will help novice security engineers think differently. It is also a good read for college students or those who use public access computers.
- PC Computer Security & Backup Guide by Jon Albert.This book reviews various kinds of malware and explains the basic hacks that will keep your information safe. It will start from explaining how to store your documents or college essays safely to ethical behavior on social media. Most importantly, it explains how to back up your information wisely and what to avoid like checking your grammar at malware-filled sites. Thankfully, you can check LetsGradeIt to learn about safe services that will not put your information at risk! It has great reviews of various tools you will find useful.
- Applied Incident Response by Steve Anson. This book explains what strategies to apply when some incident has already taken place. Learn about local and remote network attacks and apply various response techniques. The best part about this book is that it uses different frameworks to explain what methods to use. It is like a good review of various situations that you can learn from. For example, when you read about college essay writing services and choose the safe ones by reading about the risks, it means that you already avoid some cybersecurity threats by using passive protection. Likewise, when you know what risks may happen in each case, you can act first.
- Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies by Yuri Diogenes and Erdal Ozkaya.One of the best books that analyze the latest security threats and defense strategies. It covers Cloud Security Posture Management, Zero Trust Network strategies, various cloud-based SIEM solutions, and the Nation-State attacks. As one of the most popular books, it also explains vital aspects of IoT threats and the risks of crypto mining.
- The Human Factor
We may implement the latest patches and install various solutions that will address the majority of malicious code writing, yet the most challenging aspect of cybersecurity is the human factor. While it is an old truth, it always comes down to discipline and storing your sensitive information in a safe place. The key is to address every aspect of your security branch and let every person involved learn the basic safety rules.
Melony believes that good education always starts with books and reading. It is a reason why she shares inspiring information in her posts. Follow Melony to learn along with the pros and enhance your professional experience and attitude.
My Other Books
More info about Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies
Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies, Second Edition is a completely revised new edition of the bestselling book, covering the very latest security threats and defense mechanisms including a detailed overview of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and an assessment of the current threat landscape, with additional focus on new IoT threats and cryptomining.
Cybersecurity starts with the basics that organizations need to know to maintain a secure posture against outside threat and design a robust cybersecurity program. It takes you into the mindset of a Threat Actor to help you better understand the motivation and the steps of performing an actual attack – the Cybersecurity kill chain. You will gain hands-on experience in implementing cybersecurity using new techniques in reconnaissance and chasing a user’s identity that will enable you to discover how a system is compromised, and identify and then exploit the vulnerabilities in your own system.
This book also focuses on defense strategies to enhance the security of a system. You will also discover in-depth tools, including Azure Sentinel, to ensure there are security controls in each network layer, and how to carry out the recovery process of a compromised system.
What you will learn
- The importance of having a solid foundation for your security posture
- Use cyber security kill chain to understand the attack strategy
- Boost your organization’s cyber resilience by improving your security policies, hardening your network, implementing active sensors, and leveraging threat intelligence
- Utilize the latest defense tools, including Azure Sentinel and Zero Trust Network strategy
- Identify different types of cyberattacks, such as SQL injection, malware and social engineering threats such as phishing emails
- Perform an incident investigation using Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel
- Get an in-depth understanding of the disaster recovery process
- Understand how to consistently monitor security and implement a vulnerability management strategy for on-premises and hybrid cloud
- Learn how to perform log analysis using the cloud to identify suspicious activities, including logs from Amazon Web Services and Azure
Review by Government Technology :
Review by HelpNet Security :
Some of the Award of the Book:
Read This Twice:
Who This Book Is For
For the IT professional venturing into the IT security domain, IT pentesters, security consultants, or those looking to perform ethical hacking. Prior knowledge of penetration testing is beneficial.
To see my other books:
You can order our book from:
Amazon : Order From Amazon
Packt Publishing : Order From Packt Publishing
Amazon Australia : Order From Amazon Australia
Book Topia : Order from booktopia
Apple Books : Order from Apple Books
Book Depository: Order From Book depository
5 Best New Malware Books