Practical Cyber Threat Intelligence
This is my seventeenth book with my name on the cover and like its predecessors, this book represents several years of in-depth research, analysis, and real-life work experience.
While working as a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO )in a world class cybersecurity firm (Comodo Cybersecurity), spending time with cybersecurity communities, authoring a book means “stealing time from the family, working till very late (its4 AM right now).
This book could never have been made on the shelves without my family’s support. As I did in all my previous books, I would like to dedicate this book again, to my wife Arzu, my son Jemre and my daughter Azra. Their endless love and support are just motivating me to do even more…
My parents never had the chance to go to school or learn how to read and write, but they always encouraged me to do more.
Thank you, my dear family, friends, and mentors.
About Practical Cyber Threat Intelligence
Knowing your threat actors together with your weaknesses and the technology will master your defense
- Gain practical experience with cyber threat intelligence by using the book’s lab sections.
- Improve your CTI skills by designing a threat intelligence system.
- Assisting you in bridging the gap between cybersecurity teams.
- Developing your knowledge of Cyber Intelligence tools and how to choose them.
When your business assets are threatened or exposed to cyber risk, you want a high-quality threat hunting team armed with cutting-edge threat intelligence to build the shield. Unfortunately, regardless of how effective your cyber defense solutions are, if you are unfamiliar with the tools, strategies, and procedures used by threat actors, you will be unable to stop them.
This book is intended to provide you with the practical exposure necessary to improve your cyber threat intelligence and hands-on experience with numerous CTI technologies. This book will teach you how to model threats by gathering adversarial data from various sources, pivoting on the adversarial data you have collected, developing the knowledge necessary to analyse them and discriminating between bad and good information.
The book develops and hones the analytical abilities necessary for extracting, comprehending, and analyzing threats comprehensively. The readers will understand the most common indicators of vulnerability that security professionals can use to determine hacking attacks or threats in their systems quickly. In addition, the reader will investigate and illustrate ways to forecast the scope of attacks and assess the potential harm they can cause.
HOW TO ORDER THE BOOK
Amazon: Click Here
BPB Online: Click Here
You can also find the book in Google – Apple Books and select bookstores
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Hands-on experience in developing a powerful and robust threat intelligence model.
- Acquire the ability to gather, exploit, and leverage adversary data.
- Recognize the difference between bad intelligence and good intelligence.
- Creating heatmaps and various visualization reports for better insights.
- Investigate the most typical indicators of security compromise.
- Strengthen your analytical skills to understand complicated threat scenarios better.
WHO IS THIS BOOK FOR?
The book is designed for aspiring Cyber Threat Analysts, Security Analysts, Cybersecurity specialists, Security Consultants, and Network Security Professionals who wish to acquire and hone their analytical abilities to identify and counter threats quickly.
Table of Contents
- Basics of Threat Analysis and Modeling
- Formulate a Threat Intelligence Model
- Adversary Data Collection Sources & Methods
- Pivoting Off and Extracting Adversarial Data
- Primary Indicators of Security Compromise
- Identify & Build Indicators of Compromise
- Conduct Threat Assessments in Depth
- Produce Heat Maps, Infographics & Dashboards
- Build Reliable & Robust Threat Intelligence System
- Learn Statistical Approaches for Threat Intelligence
- Develop Analytical Skills for Complex Threats
- Planning for Disaster
About Dr Erdal Ozkaya (author)
Named among Top 50 Technology Larders by IDC and CIO Online, Dr. Ozkaya is working with an ardent passion for raising cyber awareness and leveraging new and innovative approaches.
Currently he is the CISO of Comodo Cybersecurity, where he came from Standard Chartered Bank, and was the Regional Chief Information Security Officer and Managing Director Before Standard Chartered Bank, he was a Trusted Security Advisor and Cybersecurity Architect at Microsoft, where he perfected the art of mapping customer business problems to technology solutions.
He remains committed to delivering accurate, accessible resources to inform individuals and organizations of cybersecurity and privacy matters in the internet age.
Dr. Ozkaya is a collaborative team leader with expertise spanning end-to-end IT solutions, management, communications, and innovation. He is a well-known public speaker, an award-winning technical expert, author, and creator of certifications (courseware and exams) for prestigious organizations such as Microsoft, EC Council, and other expert-level vendors.
LinkedIn Profile: Dr. Erdal Ozkaya
Blog Link: www.erdalozkaya.com
What is Cyber Threat Intelligence?
What is Threat Modeling?
BPB Online CTI
Practical Cyber Threat Intelligence
How to Formulate a Threat Intelligence Model