Reimagined Economies : The Move Towards Digital , Sustainable and Resilient Future conference
I am truly honored for receiving an invitation on behalf of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum from the United Arab Emirates Ministry Of Economy, UAE to speak at the “Reimagined Economies : The Move Towards Digital , Sustainable and Resilient Future conference, about “Straightening cybersecurity in the post pandemic world . Thank you🙏
Session Details :
The world wasn’t ready for this pandemic. COVID has persuaded many businesses to accelerate and adopt digitalization. With the rapid digitalization comes with increased risk to cyber-attacks. A cyber pandemic could have a similar or far greater impact on the world than COVID. It’s definitely important to re-evaluate policies and regulations and prepare and anticipate for future cyber-attacks. This session will highlight:
– Evaluating global privacy regulations and policies.
– Preparing and anticipating for next wave
– Strengthening global cooperation for digital trust and security and building skills for the digital future.
For more evets :
HH Sheikh Mohammed
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Arabic: محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم; Muḥammad bin Rāshid ʾĀl Maktūm; born 15 July 1949) is the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), its Minister of Defence, and ruler of the Emirate of Dubai. He acceded to the throne in 2006 after the death of his brother Sheikh Maktoum.
He is a billionaire; there is a blurred line between the assets of the government of Dubai and those of the Al Maktoum ruling family.He oversaw the growth of Dubai into a global city, as well as the launch of a number of major government-owned enterprises including Emirates Airline, DP World, and the Jumeirah Group. Many of these are held by Dubai Holding. Sheikh Mohammed has overseen the development of numerous projects in Dubai including the creation of a technology park, a free economic zone, Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, the Dubai International Finance Centre, the Palm Islands and the Burj Al Arab hotel. He also drove the construction of Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Al Maktoum is the absolute monarch of Dubai. His regime is autocratic, as there are no democratic institutions, and internal dissent is prohibited. Al Maktoum is Prime Minister of the UAE, which scholars characterize as an authoritarian regime.
On 5 March 2020, a British court ruled that on the balance of probabilities, he had abducted two of his daughters and had threatened his former wife, Princess Haya. His daughters, Shamsa and Latifa, have been alleged to be forcibly medicated while held in Dubai under Al Maktoum’s orders since 2000 and 2018, respectively. On 16 February 2021, BBC’s Panorama broadcast a critical documentary featuring Princess Latifa’s video messages that she made secretly under enforced detention in Dubai on the orders of Sheikh Mohammed.
A keen equestrian, he is the founder of the Maktoum family-owned Godolphin stable and the owner of Darley, a thoroughbred breeding operation, operational in six countries. In 2012, he rode the horse Madji Du Pont 160 km to take the FEI World Endurance Championship.
About Ministry Of Economy, UAEVision And Mission
Diversified global competitive economy based on knowledge & innovation, lead by Emiratis
Achieve national economy’s development and competitiveness. Prepare for an environment that encourages the practice of economic businesses by enacting and modernizing economic legislations and external trade policy, and developing national industries and exports, and tourism development by developing its products and enhancing its quality, encouraging investment, regulating competitiveness and SME’s sector, protecting consumer rights and intellectual property, supporting the efforts of cooperative societies, diversifying economic activities, popularization of smart apps. All the above should be lead by Emirati competencies in accordance with global standards of creativity and innovation and knowledge economies
- Innovation: Set up positive atmosphere to assist those appointed internally and externally in the Ministry to help them transform their ideas into distinguished applicable results that serve the Ministry’s vision and the UAE competitiveness.
- Respect of Rights: Respect employees and consumers, and all customers’ rights as per the economic legislations and established work systems.
- Sustainability: Do our best to fulfil social and environmental sustainability requirements in all economic activities.
- Integration : Reinforce collaboration and integration aspect among economic sectors.
- Competitiveness : Work hard to achieve a distinguished ranking for our national economy, both on local and international levels.
- Excellence and Team Spirit: Work as one team to spread institutional excellence concept on all levels.
Strategic Objectives 2017 – 2021
- Enhance the competitiveness and diversification of national industries based on knowledge and innovation.
- Enhance the competitiveness of SME’s and national entrepreneurships.
- Increase the attraction of investments.
- Enable sound commercial and consumer protection practices
- Enhance UAE competitiveness in the field of intellectual property, and prepare for an environment that encourages research, development, and innovation.
- Enhance UAE competitiveness in external commercial markets and develop its relations with other countries in such a way that best serves its commercial interests.
- Reinforce UAE’s position as the best sustainable tourist destination.
- Ensure the provision of all administrative services in as per the standards of quality, efficiency, and transparency.
- Consolidate the culture of innovation in institutional processes.