Updated review after 1 year of usage (below)
Since Nike Band was released on February 22, 2012, I am connected to my Health gadgets. After Nike I moved to Fitbit, then in later 2013 back to Samsung with the original Galaxy Gear watch. After that, I had all the versions of Microsoft Band and when they were discontinued I moved back to Samsung with the Gear 3 in November 2016.
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
It has what every smartwatch should have, GPS, WI-FI, large screen, changeable writs bands, extremely good battery life. Samsung is using Tizen OS, which leaves you fewer apps but again not a big deal.
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Design & Spaces
- 1.3-inch AMOLED screen good for day or night use
- 360 x 360 pixels resolution
- 380mAh Battery
- 49 x 46 x 12.9 mm of dimensions
- Big but also very heavy
- Heart Rate Tracker
- It has a great sleep tracker, but the watch is so big, its nearly impossible to sleep with it, at least for me
- GPS issues
- Because of Tizen OS fewer Apps compared to other Android-based watches
- No water resistant
- After wearing it for a long time, you might feel uncomfortable
- Very bad charger design
- Expensive and hard to find spare parts
- Compared to the Microsoft Band, great fitness tracking
- Very Good battery life ( up to 6 full days based on my average usage )
- Design options as “Classis” or “Frontier”
- Samsung Pay Support
- Good Build in Speaker
- Lots of space (4GB)
- Receive and make calls from the watch
A smartwatch that lets your phone in your pocket and keeps you in control and gives you some fitness capabilities as a bonus. Notifications are working good, and it gives you the fitness options you might like.
3 out 5
After using the watch for a year
After a while the new product will loose its shine and you will see the realities. Originally I did rate the product 4 but I am cutting down one more mark for not finding all the apps which i see in other Android watches . Yes , its heavy, and yes you will complain specially in hot weathers.
Samsung can easily annoy you with Bixy and Samsung Pay, NO I don’t want to use it but they keep reminding you that and there is no way you can get rid of it. I found a way ! Saying bye bye to Samsung.