UAE Banks Federation Free Event 2021
Alongside my industry colleagues Ramy Houssaini , Sridhar Sidhu, Andrew Beckett , Stefan Loubichi, I’ll be speaking at the upcoming cybersecurity summit hosted by the UAE Banks Federation on “Protecting Data in an Era of Increased Cyber Risk’ on the 3rd of February.
About UAE Banks Federation
- Serve as a referral center for the Arab financial and banking community;
- Foster UAB member ties with each other; strengthen their bonds of cooperation; coordinate their activities; and defend their interests;
- Develop the Arab financial thought and banking industry on sound and sustainable basis;
- Serve as a bridge for Arab banks into the international banking business guidelines, providing a view to facilitate and promote their integration into the global banking and financial industry.
- Provide technical assistance, capacity building, training and advice to UAB members.
- Serve as a conduit for conflict resolution among Arab financial institutions
- Act as lead legislative role through active participation in formulation of international banking laws and regulations.
To be the leading financial and banking organization in the Arab world, and to progress the Arab banking and financial industry to an advanced level of professionalism..
Since its inception, the UAB has acted as a pivotal referral entity for the entire Arab banking and financial community, providing:
• The organization of regional and international banking conferences
• The organization of specialized seminars and workshops
• Periodical publications (monthly magazine, Arab Banking Review, Books and Directories) to enrich banking and financial knowledge in the Arab region
• Information, statistics and research reports on the Arab, regional and international Banking industry
• Comprehensive and specialized studies and research pieces in the field of Arab, regional and international banking and financial affairs
• Arab and international experts in the fields of banking, finance, and investment
• Facilitation of specialized training for employees within Arab banking and financial sector
• Advice and guidance in legal, financial, banking and economic affairs
• Technical assistance in the fields of banking and finance
• Access to comprehensive Arab Banking Network and Data and Information Center
• The daily electronic economic review
• Data of the Arab banking, financial, and economic laws
The UAB prepares, coordinates, and executes annual programs, which include banking seminars for banking administrative, technical, and support staff. These seminars have become symbolic platforms for exchanging ideas and experience between Arab bank officials on recent issues of extreme importance to the Arab financial business sector.
The UAB has positioned itself, via these seminars and programs, as a leading platform for coordinating training efforts in the Arab region, serving the interests of Arab training centers and institutes, and the interests of the Arab banking sector, in general.